Monday, March 1, 2010

Jesus is My Truest Friend

Jesus is My Truest Friend

To my Savior


Jesus is my truest friend

I know he'll never leave.

And if my road should darken

(Yes, I know that day will come)

He by my side will make pure light

And by this lead me on.


Oh, Savior, friend

My one true love

My life must only end~

When, like You, I rise high above

To live eternal, changed

Even to Your likeness.


Wake me soon~

Oh, wake me very soon!



These thoughts were inspired by one of my favorite passages of scripture: psalms 17:3-8 & 15...

"You have tried my heart, you have visited me by night, you have tested me, and you will find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress. With regard to the words of man, by the word of your lips I have avoided the ways of the violence. My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped. I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words. Wondrously show your steadfast love, O Savior of those who see refuge from their adversaries at your right hind. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings...As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness."

I can't wait until I wake up in the morning that the Lord will come and find all my struggle for purity and striving to keep myself holy finished. By finished I mean complete. What a day that will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment