Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Foundations

I wake up around seven, get a shower, eat breakfast, and lug my suitcase into the church.  Then we warm up with some calisthenics and do our vocal rehearsal. After this its time to load the bus and head out to another church where we unload, set up, get dressed, eat dinner and then have our performance. After a concert we pair up with our host homes and try to get some sleep before it starts all over again.
   There are moments of peace and quiet--like the other morning when the weather was beautiful and Olivia gave us twenty minutes to go outside and spend with God and the warm sunshine. I was so overwhelmed by the piercing light and God's radiant glory that...I fell asleep.
   In the rush and bustle and the adventure of it all I feel like my soul is out of place and that I'm not as focused on Christ as I should be. The concerts are physically and spiritually draining and I know I need to find my strength in the Lord. This is tough and I realize I've been relying on the devout people around me at school to help me be grounded in my Foundation. This tour has been pulling all that out in the open and I know that God is using this to help me hide myself in Him. I am fully convinced that until I am able to be strong and confident in my faith both alone and with other believers I will not be a mature person.
  That is an uncomfortable concession for some people to make. But I simply have taken Paul's words literally, "when I was a child I did childish things, but when I became a (woman) I put away childish things."

No comments:

Post a Comment