Monday, November 8, 2010

This Winter

In the winter-time we see
the falling of the autumn leaves
the misting of the morning breeze
and many lovely, icy things

The boys bring wooden logs
and set them on the hearth to thaw
We bring out coats, gloves, hats, and all
and think "How short was this year's fall!"

It's wintertime already.

I cuddle up inside my quilts tonight
and look upon the silvery light
the moon's soft glow that creeps inside
and makes my room a pretty sight

I love the cold, the moon, the frost
I love the time with family, lost
whenever I'm away so oft'
and can't come home because of cost

This winter I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Lindsey... winter is a blessed time. Enjoy your time with your family!

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Emma.
    I hope you and your family are well.

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete